Sunday, June 5, 2011

This Rocks My World


This is a double challenge for me. One is is for Pals Paper Arts (it's a color challenge... More Mustard, Night of Navy, and Cherry Cobbler). The other is my own personal challenge to make at least one card a day. I am on day 4 so far (it may be a bit too soon to celebrate).

I am really happy with how this turned out. I cased it from the artistic avenger, Carrie G. Thanks, girl!

I (obviously) changed the colors to match with the colors in the challenge. I started with a base of mustard. I stamped the ledger stamp from The Open Sea set down the side in navy. Then I stamped the globe image in cherry on the cherry strip and I ripped the edge. On the above card, I used the cherry baker's twine, and I crumpled the paper and dragged the edges in the cherry ink. I also roughed up the edges of both the sentiment layer and the navy layer underneath.



For the sentiment (from the Word Play set), I stamped it in cherry on Very Vanilla. Then I stamped the sentiment on a vanilla scrap in Night of Navy and used my 3/4" circle punch and popped it up. Then I used the globe from The Open Sea and stamped it off two times before stamping it as the background to the sentiment.

This one is mostly the same, but I changed some stuff. I used my spritzer tool to spray some Chocolate Chip spay on the sentiment and then I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip. That is layered on a piece of navy on which I roughed the edges up. I used the espresso baker's twine (is that cheating? It isn't a color in the challenge, but I do love the outcome).








1 comment:

Melanie C said...

Adorable card! Great job on the color challenge and your own personal challenge :o) Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.