Sunday, June 19, 2011

PGC update and more challenges



First and most importantly, I have modified my PCG (Personal Challenge Goal). I did have it set at one creation a day, and sometimes it was impossible to get in the studio. So I have modified my PCG to create at least 7 things a week (still essentially one every day but if there is an impossibly busy day, I don't have to feel like a failure!) Here are two different creations that I love and that I created in a different way. I really wanted to use the stamps in the Swirls & Curls Verses and the Itty Bitty Bits set. Then I looked at all my ribbon and matched ribbons to sayings. Next I looked at a list of challenges that I tend to follow for motivation.


This first card is very simple and the colors are from Stampin' Royalty's inspiration challenge. I have a base of Basic Gray topped with Pink Pirouette. On top of that is a rectangle in Regal Rose. There is a layer of Whisper White on top of that. I stamped happy birthday from the Swirls & Curls set in Real Red. All those color are easily found in the cupcake ribbon I found at my local craft store. It's simple, but so sweet.


This is the next evolution of this card. I used the Polka Dot Punches set. This round swirly thing reminded me of the inspiration picture. I used the rolling technique on the punched pieces. I stamped the whole thing in Pink Pirouette. Then I rolled the edges of the stamp in Regal Rose. Then I rolled the stamp again in Real Red. Then I stamped three Regal Rose pieces and three Pink Pirouette. Then I used my 1" punch, punched out the center of the stamp and popped the Regal Rose up on top of the whole stamp. Then I used my 1/2" punch and punched the centers out of the Pink Pirouette stamp. I used dimensionals between each layer and topped the whole thing off with some bling. For this card, I am channeling my Stampin' 411 ladies and their challenge this week. The only color I changed from the above card is that Rose Red is in the center with a layer of basic gray under that.


Thanks for looking!





6 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Both cards are lovely...great colors and take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411!

Georgeann Manning said...

oh my gosh,these are so cute and fun!! love how you interpreted this weeks inspiration image! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Lots of cuteness going on here!!! Thanks for sharing.

Gretchen Barron said...

So very cute -- love the colors together! Thanks so much for being part of the Stamping 411 Challenge this week! Blessings, Gretchen

Patti Chesky said...

Look at those adorable cards!!! You did a wonderful job!

Selene Kempton said...

oh wow! These are so pretty!