Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Christmas in June?!?

I don't know why, but I thought "Christmas Card," as soon as I saw and thought about this sketch. I want to get this posted so I can submit it to this week's Stamping 411 sketch.
I love this! The base is Garden Green. Then there's a layer of Chocolate Chip, then a layer of Real Red. I used an old pack of DSP. I love the stripes and the snowflakes in both traditional and non-traditional Christmas colors. In the final area of the card, I embossed ornaments (close up below).
In the center, I stamped my sentiment in green on Whisper White from Perfect Punches set. I used my scallop circle punch. Then I punched it again in red and punched that out using the 1 1/4" circle punch. I popped that up on the bigger scallop. Then I popped the whole piece on the front with a loop of the red polka dotted grosgrain ribbon behind it.

I know I used a lot of retired product, but I have it and it looks so good!
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Love it!! Great job on the sketch.

Connie Babbert said...

Another great Christmas Card with that sketch! Way to go!