Thursday, June 2, 2011

Evolving Butterfly



I posted a while ago about the discovery I made about the evolution of the card. With this set of cards, the idea was born. I was working to make a butt load of Mother's Day cards for a bunch of women who I love who are mothers.


This one was card one. Not too bad. Pretty in pink with layer of Wild Wasabi. I used Elements of style. I stamped up the background, then I used the floral image on a very vanilla. I used my big shot and butterfly die cut. I colored in the image using a q-tip and ink. Then I put the sentiment on vanilla in Rose Red ink. I punched the message out. I punched a second piece, in Rose Red, and put that behind the sentiment. I finished it with a pearl in the middle of the butterfly.


Not bad for the first card. But wait... there's more.









Here is the second one. A bit fancier. I have a layer of Rose Red under the wasabi. I tried the same trick with the butterfly and the sentiment. But this time, cut the rose red punch out in half and put half behind each part of the sentiment. I also added two pearls on the butterfly.


This is a little more dressed up than card 1, a small step in the card evolution.


But wait... there's more....










Here is card number 3.



You can see the evolution. You might not be able to see the small pearls along the bottom (which I punched using the scallop boarder punch). I used the sentiment from Teen Tiny Wishes, the word window, and the modern label punch.















This is the final evolution of this card. I love, love, love how this turned out. I think it is beautiful. I hope you like it, too. The wasabi paper is from an old pattern pack of dsp that was a hostess gift.


Thanks for looking...




No comments: