Monday, September 5, 2011

I give you... the world!

This is my first take on this week's Stamping 411 sketch challenge. I gotta say that I love the ladies over on Stamping 411. They inspire me and offer their readers so much... tutorials, inspiration, challenges, and even support. That being said, I am not super crazy about this sketch, BUT I created a card anyway (actually two) because it is good to challenge yourself. So... this is what I came up with.
I know it's technically "retired" now, but I will stop using The Open Sea set when someone prys it from my cold, dead hands. (okay, okay... yes, that was a bit dramatic; my point is, I really, really like this set).
I started with a base of Early Espresso, then I added a layer of DSP from the nautical DSP. I used another piece of that nautical DSP on the bottom of the card. I stamped the globe from the stamp set in espresso on Very Vanilla. I cut that out, and under that is a layer of Cherry Cobbler that I ripped in a "circle," and under that is espresso that is also ripped in a circle. I added the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes, I used the cherry baker's twine (although the way I tied it, you can't really see it that much). You can't tell from the photo, but the sentiment is popped up two times, once under the modern label punch and once under the word window sentiment. The globe is also popped up using stamping dimensionals. Finally, I didn't think that this "man card" would work with buttons. That's way too girly. I used my 1/2" circle punch and the circle punch from those little bitty punches. The smaller circle is also popped up. It's a poppy card.
Thanks for looking...

3 comments:

gbarron56 said...

Lisa -- great masculine card and I love that you flipped the sketch! Great job. Thanks for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Patti Chesky said...

This card looks fabulous! I like that you flipped the sketch. You must be as thrilled as I am.....they are carrying over The Open Seas! yay!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I'm thrilled they are bringing this set back too. Love it!!