Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First use of a free set...

This is another entry for this week's Stamping 411 challenge.
One of the operators wrote on that site that the great thing about the challenge is that it takes one of the decisions out of the card making process, and what a great point she made. I felt like I would go into the studio to do some work and then flounder for a while with too many choices. The challenge helps give you a starting point, and I have been so much more productive since I started doing them. Thanks to all you challenge designers out there!!!
This one started with the sketch from Stamping 411 and the desire to use this set I got for free from Stampin' Up. This is what I came up with... two sightly different cards.
They both use Elegant Eggplant as a base with a layer of Perfect Plum and a layer of Pale Plum (sadly, retired...). They both also use a great ribbon my friend Susan gave (thanks again, Susan! Obviously, your gift has been greatly appreciated!) Both cards have the hydrangea from the Because I Care hostess set stamped in Elegant Eggplant. The card above has the stem in Certainly Celery. The card to the right has the stem in Old Olive.
Each has a different sentiment from the set stamped in eggplant on the Pale Plum, punched out with the medium oval and layered on a scalloped oval of the Perfect Plum and popped up. Each also had the single flower (also from the same set) popped up on the sentiment.
Thanks for looking...

8 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

They are both gorgeous! I love this image and what you've done with it! Wonderful job!

Patti Chesky said...

I love the hydranges! So pretty!

gbarron56 said...

fabulous card! so lovely and soft! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators this week! Blessings, Gretchen

Kerin said...

Gorgeous hydrangea! I love the extra little hydrangea petal with the sentiment, what a perfect touch :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Just stunning!!!

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty...I love that set and the colors you used!