Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another Stampin' Success Case

This is another case from a Stampin' Success magazine. I sometimes circle or write on the pages... just notes to myself. I was really drawn to this set (Fifth Avenue Floral), but tonight was the first time I really put ink on it. I have used one of the flowers, but never the rose or the lily. Can't say that now. In fact, this set got quite the workout tonight.
This idea was in the magazine last year I think. I did edit it quite a bit, but the main idea of colors really started with me pulling a ribbon from the big bag of ribbon my good friend Susan gave me. I liked the thick green ribbon with polka dots on it. (Not even used in this card...but that is where the inspiration came from....) The ribbon was very close to Wild Wasabi. I used Baja Breeze on top of a Sahara Sand base. I embossed each Baja piece with different patters. This is a leaf that I felt went well with the flowers. The polka dot embossing ties in with the dots on the ribbon.
The flowers are on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock that is layered on top of a piece of Wild Wasabi. The flowers are in Wild Wasabi and Baja Breeze. The sentiment is in black. I also used the masking technique. I stamped the rose first in the corner of my vanilla CS. Then I stamped the rose again on a scrap piece of paper and trimmed it out. I placed the scrap rose on top of the stamped rose and then stamped the other two flowers, overlapping onto the scrap paper. I love the look and the technique, and this set really lends itself to this technique.
The size of the squares is a little different on each card. One is a quarter of an inch bigger. I love making two cards and changing things up a bit on each (I think I mentioned that before...)
Anyway, this is what I came up with...
Thanks for looking...

No comments: