Sunday, September 22, 2013

Delightful Dozen and The Friday Mashup

I created this card for this week's challenge on The Friday Mashup.  This week, the ladies on TFM had a Fall/Harvest Food theme.  Or we could use the paper piecing technique.  Or we could mash-it-up and do both.

I'm not sure why, but each card I started to create for this challenge has become a Halloween card.  (I am determined to make one for this challenge that is not a Halloween card.)

I created this pumpkin using three small ovals of an old DSP.  I inked the edges of the ovals up using pumpkin pie.  I used tips from the star punch for eyes and free-hand cut a mouth out.  I have a sliver of Soft Suede for the stump on the pumpkin.  I used strips of the same DSP set as banners behind the Basic Black, chevron embossed Label.

Oh, that little jack-o-lantern is sooooo cute!  Love him! I did make two of this, as I usually do (to keep a large stock of cards) but as I was attaching the completed white layer to the More Mustard base, I must have had some ink on my finger because I have a smear of ink (and a bit of my fingerprint) on the front, bottom, left side, opposite the sentiment.  URG!  Does this every happen to anyone else?  What do you do?

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You are rocking the Halloween cards! Pumpkin are definitely a harvest food...I put my Halloween pumpkins in my backyard when I am done with them and the moose coming through harvest them :) As for the smudges if I can I'll cover them up with something but if I cant and they are really noticeable I just start all over :(

Thanks again for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

This is an adorable jack o'lantern! Love the layout you used. Adorable little sentiment. Thanks again for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

hollybeary creations said...

Great layout.. The pumpkin is too cute. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.