Monday, July 4, 2011

Cakes or cupcake?


These cards are an attempt at this week's challenge on Stamping 411. It's a sketch challenge, and while I made several different cards using this sketch, I gotta tell you, I don't really l-o-v-e any of them (please don't tell them that!)

I don't know why... missing mojo is what I attributed it to, but I guess it's the opposite of really flying on a sketch... some of them I have tons of ideas, some of them I struggle with... such is life.

For this first one, I used the sets Bring on the Cake and Simply Sweet (a retired set my sister found for me at a yard sale! She rocks!)













For this second one, I used Crazy for Cupcakes. For both, I tried to follow the sketch as is.

I started with a base of Pretty in Pink. Then there's a layer of Chocolate Chip. I embossed that layer with polka dots, smaller ones on the top one, bigger ones on the second one. I stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on Whisper White and used my Stampin' Write markers to color them in. I used my scallop boarder punch and did a double layer. I used So Saffron brads on each.

Thanks for looking...

1 comment:

Denise Willerton said...

thanks for sharing your birthday cards ~ I think they're wonderful ~ sweet & simple! thanks for playing with stamping 411 this week ~ enjoy your day!