Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Timely" Valentine

I have to admit... I love how this turned out...


I bought the level 3 hostess set Occasional Quotes when I had the chance. And I haven't really used it much. WHAT? I know... it's crazy. But I was trying to wrap my head around some simple Valentine's Day cards for some wonderful ladies who come to my classes, and I decided that this phrase would work really well for Valentine's day ( I initially thought it would only really be good for a wedding). It says, "Love begins in moment, grows over time, and lasts an eternity."

I also recently bought a new embossing folder that is all clockwork gears. I thought that it matched the saying perfectly. I embossed the top 2/3rds of a piece of Cherry Cobbler. Then I heat embossed the sentiment on the card using a clear embossing powder. Then I stamped a frilly, cute heart from the I {Heart} Hearts set on Confetti White and popped it up. I put all that on a card base of Confetti White. Inside, I stamped "love you much" in Cherry Cobbler from the Well Scripted set. I divided the tow areas with a simple grosgrain ribbon.

Simple was the name of the game here, but it's not laziness. I am designing cards for ladies, and I am thinking that the ladies may be giving the cards to men, and men like it simple. Not too girly and cutesy, right?!? Thus... a card is born.

Thanks for looking...

No comments: