Monday, January 17, 2011

Hip-Hippo-Ray!

So, for awhile now, I have been meaning to make this framed hippo for my friend. She and her daughter have a hippo thing. They like hippos. Don't judge. It is very small, really. The frame holds a piece of paper 3 1/2" by 2 1/2". The picture makes it look very large. Seriously, the hippos are like one inch each. But, it's cute. The background is River Rock. I used a scrap of paper I got from the craft store. I used a white gel pen to color in the teeth and the flower on the smaller hippo. I am giving it to my friend, but I believe she is giving it to her daughter so I put the "love you" sentiment in Wild Wasabi on a very pale gray using my word window punch and then used the same dark gray I cut the hippos out of under that.



Thanks for looking...

1 comment:

Inked Greetings said...

So very cute! Your right, it does look larger than the size. What I neat idea. I will have to copy you.