Monday, September 3, 2012

Mashup Cuteness


Ohhhh.... it's so cute!  This is a product of The Friday Mashup this week.  Their challenge this week is to make a project with a baby theme, or a product using pleating, or mash-it-up and do both.  I have to admit, I was a bit challenged by this one, but I was also determined to play.

 Here you see my first attempt.  I have a base of So Saffron, then there's a layer of embossed Wild Wasabi.  I used a piece of retired DSP to create a pleat down one side.  The sentiment is from Big on Spring, which is on Very Vanilla.  That's on a layer of saffron.  It's colored in using my markers in Certainly Celery and So Saffron.  The heart is Cherry Cobbler.  There's a little loop of saffron on the side of the sentiment.
The difference with this one is minimal.  The embossing is different, and there's a wider base under the sentiment.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

You wouldn't know that you were 'challenged' this week, these are too cute!! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup :)

Amy White said...

These are both really sweet baby cards! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

Lili said...

Such a cute card! I like that pleated vertical stripe, and the T in Cute is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!