Friday, June 22, 2012

Oh, It Has Been Thrown!

 This is my cased card for this week's color challenge on Color Throwdown.  I haven't done this challenge blog much, but I do love it!  This week, the challenge was to use Crumb Cake, Kiwi Kiss, Calypso Coral, and Cajun Craze.

Awhile ago, I got a card in a swap that follows this basic sketch.  I really, really like the sketch.  It uses thin strips of scrap paper behind a vellum strip that has been stamped and colored in.

The base is Crumb Cake, and the vellum is attached by a brad at either side.
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I have colored in the image with my ink pads or markers and blender pen.  In the above pic, I colored the leaves and the stems in with the Kiwi Kiss.  I also colored the flowers in coral and cajun.

Stamp sets:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Simply Sweet
Colors: Crumb Cake, Kiwi Kiss, Calypso Coral, and Cajun Craze
Other: brads


I LOVE how it turned out... so much that I used the same sketch for another color challenge!  Check it out!  Thanks for looking!  

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, what a fabulous design...love how you used the vellum ofer the strips of color!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!!!!