Monday, June 25, 2012

Monochromatic Dynamic Duo

This week on Dynamic Duos, the color challenge is to use River Rock and Always Artichoke.  I was stumped for awhile, but after I looked at some of my saved pictures, I decided to use this sketch.

Clearly, I am not the best sponge dauber.  This one is a bit lighter and the one below is darker, too heavy with the sponge dauber, but I couldn't really fix it, and I didn't want to trash it.

I used the reverse masking technique.  I cut an oval out of a scrap piece of paper and then heat embossed and image from Embrace Life in clear embossing powder.  Then using the same mask, I sponged River Rock and Always Artichoke and added a ribbon.  I thought about adding a sentiment, but by leaving it blank, I'll be able to use it for many different occasions.  I also added artichoke ribbon on one and River Rock on the other.
On the darker one, I did color the leaves in artichoke.

Thanks for looking...

4 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a beautiful technique you have used on your cards. No need to trash any as they both turned out just fine. So glad you could join us at Dynamic Duos.

Kim S said...

I love the "misty" look - so gentle! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Melissa said...

I really like the CAS style of these cards! I think your sponging is just fine and the main image is a pretty one! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love the clean design and the fun technique you shared. I think you rocked the sponging technique, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)