Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Heart's in this Mashup

This is the card I came up with for this week's challenge over on The Friday Mashup. The challenge was to use Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, and Riding Hood Red or paper piercing or Mash-It-Up and do both. The crazy thing is, I actually dreamed this card design. Weird, huh?

I dreamed about the four score lines, one along each side, on a neutral base. For this one, I decided on Natural White. I made one with score lines 1/4" from each side. The other one, I scored 3/8" from each side.

Next I have a layer of Early Espresso topped with layer of Blushing Bride. I used the ticket corner punch on both of those. Next, I punched out a bunch of hearts in espresso, red, blush, and the white. I stamped the sentiment on the white in espresso and colored in the hearts with red. I pierced the red heart and embossed the espresso one with clear embossing powder. The medium hearts are popped up.

I really dig these cards! I hope you like them, too. Now, I didn't come up with 8 more cards for this challenge (sorry!), but I did come up with lots more Valentine's cards so stop back by and check them out...

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Lisa,

I love all the different hearts. Very pretty.

Thanks for joining in the fun.


Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Teresa Kline said...

so adorable, luv all of the hearts...thanks for playing along with us at the Friday MashUP...check out my blog candy here...
http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2012/01/purge-blog-hop.html

enjoy *~*

hollybeary creations said...

This came out great.. I love how you used the color combo! So full of love. Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

What, no more cards for this challenge? You're slacking Lisa! Hahaha, just kidding :) This is a great card, I love all the hearts!

Glad to have you playing along again at The Friday Mashup!

Rita W said...

I dreamed my card for tomorrow's challenge, so I don't find it weird at all! I love when that happens! I love all the fun hearts in the color combo. Great job. :) Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

Kim P said...

Very cute card with layers and all the hearts! Great job! Thanks for hanging out with us again at the Friday Mashup!