Sunday, January 1, 2012

Don't be sad Stamping 411... I missed you, too!

It's been so long since I've done a Stamping 411 challenge! With the holidays and my guest designer spot on The Friday Mashup in November, I ignored Stamping 411 (http://stamping411.blogspot.com/2011/12/saturday-sketch-challenge-235.html) . Sorry ladies... it's not personal! I also got a shipment from Stampin' Up and was not able to use it right away so this Sprinkled Expressions from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue has been calling my name, especially this star stamp, and this new star embossing folder I got was begging to be matched with it. When I saw the sketch on Stamping 411, I had a vision, right down to the colors and this is what I came up with.
I used a Whisper White base and Tangerine Tango. I used So Saffron on one card, with saffron ribbon. Then I also used Daffodil Delight on the other card, with a tangerine ribbon.
I used layers of color. I also heat embossed the star image on each card with the matching yellow ink (either saffron or daffodil) and clear embossing powder. Then I used some tangerine ink on a sponge dauber to pop that star a bit more.
On this one I also sponged the edges with the tangerine and added an extra layer of saffron.
Then I added the sentiment to the bottom part of the card with the words in tangerine and the stars in the yellow that was used on the card. Finally, I stamped some tangerine stars on some scrap white, I cut out one tiny little star and popped it up.


I can't decide which one I like better. I love the softness of the saffron, but I'm not in love with the sponging on the main sentiment (sometimes I get carried away with the sponging, but usually you can't go wrong, you know?)
I like the cleaner look of the second card. Let me know what you think! I love the comments!!!
Thanks for looking!

No comments: