Sunday, April 17, 2011

Berry Easter


I made this card especially for this week's challenge over on Stamping 411. I saw the sketch and thought, "Easter is right around the corner." Then I started thinking, "What set could I use for this sketch challenge?" Then I thought of the Berry Christmas set. I know... a Christmas set. Who'da thought it? But I have used the "wreath" before in mostly green with a few pops of red (for Christmas, of course), but I thought to do the "wreath" in multiple soft Easter type colors. And that's how this card was born.


I started with a Pear Pizazz base. I topped it with a layer of Pink Pirouette that I embossed with the petals-a-plenty embossing folder. The I sanded the top of the paper to help the flowers pop a bit. I colored the inside of the flowers with So Saffron. Next is a layer of So Saffron. On top of that is Whisper White with the wreath from Berry Christmas. I stamped the whole image with Pink Pirouette. The I took a cotton swab and cleaned off various circles and colored them back in in both the Saffron and the Pear. I stamped the sting and bow and Happy Easter sentiment (from Teeny Tiny Wishes) in Pear. I used stamping dimensionals to pop that up a bit. Then I added the Pear seam binding ribbon.


Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

soggystamper said...

I love your thinking with the Berry Easter wreath! It now looks like an Easter Egg wreath. Great job!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

How clever is this? I would never have thought about using this stamp set for Easter. It's wonderful!

Kerin said...

SO clever!! Love when holiday sets can be used for other occasions, great job!

Patti Chesky said...

What a great idea!!! Love your Easter wreath!

Connie Babbert said...

Cute use of that stamp set for Easter! Love it!

Unknown said...

Love how you used a Christmas stamp and changed it up totally!!! Great job!!

Selene Kempton said...

So berry cool!

gbarron56 said...

Great way to think outside the box! Thanks for sharing and thanks for playing along this week on Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen