Sunday, September 12, 2010

Terrific Technique Today...

Today I finally got a chance to play around a bit in the studio. I gotta tell you... I MISS IT! I miss doing the challenges, I miss the creative outlet that my card making gives me, and I miss creating fun, pretty cards.
I made this card using the color challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary. I really like the colors! Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Tangerine Tango- mostly neutrals with a pop of orange- one of my favorite colors.
I wanted to use the technique that Splitcoaststampers sent out this week, the reverse masking technique. As usual, I made two cards, each slightly different from the other.


I started with a base of Crumb Cake. On one card I used my Polka Dot stamp with Crumb Cake ink, and on the other I used Early Espresso ink. On each I used the same basic sketch, a bottom layer of Early Espresso (on one I used my ticket punch to mimic the frame in the center). On top of that I have a layer of Tangerine Tango, and on top of that, I have my frame from Frames with a Flourish in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla. The reverse masking technique was used. I stamped a background design using my Sprinkles set in Crumb Cake ink. Then I stamped flowers in tangerine. One flower is from the For All You Do set and the other is from Delight in Life. On top of each flower, I popped up a flower center in Early Espresso. Then, again in espresso, I stamped "thank you"' from the Happy Moments set.
You can't really tell, but the vanilla is on the tangerine, and that layer is popped up on the espresso. On this card to the right, I pierced a row of holes along the bottom to tie in with all the other dots. I finished both cards off by sponging some espresso around the edges of the card.
Thanks for looking...

4 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Love the way this looks like a postage stamp. Great cards for the challenge!

Deb said...

Both cards are super!! And you did an awesome job with the color challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Awesome cards! You ROCKED the color challenge! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Mary Brown said...

These are DELIGHTFUL!!! Yes...that little 'pop' of Tangerine is just perfect with the other neutrals! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!