Monday, September 6, 2010

New Happy Home(s)

Thanks to Labor day (and the irony of not going to work on that day), I have actually gotten my first chance in over a week to get to work in the studio.
One of the things I wanted to work on today is this small housewarming gift for a few people I know who have recently purchased a home.
Once again, I read recently on another blog to use this Big on Christmas set to do more than a holiday project. The blog I saw had the "new home" as a stamp, which I do not have. I used the Rough Type Alphabet on Soft Sky (a retired in color) and a 1/2" circle punch.

I inked up my "H PPY" with my black marker, stamped it on Very Vanilla. Then I used my ticket corner punch, and layered it on River Rock. I put that on Blue Bayou (one of my favorite blues which, sadly, SU did not bring back). I used the little houses from this year's SAB. Finally, I tied a bow in some retired River Rock ribbon.
I like it and hope that my niece and friend like them, too. Both have just bought their very own first house.
Thanks for looking...

No comments: