Sunday, February 3, 2013

Color Inspiration

So I was designing cards for my upcoming class and had been using lots of DSP for the set I was making.  I wanted one without DSP.  I was stuck on which colors to use so I jumped on my favorite challenge blog, The Friday Mashup (please don't tell my other blog challenges I said that, I do really love them all...)

The challenge over there this week was to use Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, and Daffodil Delight together.  I did not do the second part of the challenge (sorry, ladies!) I did use a bunch of new stuff I got in my last package from Utah!!!!  I got it earlier than I thought I would, which is awesome, but I got it early in the week, and these days my weeks are crazy packed with activities.  I hosted a baby shower on Saturday, ergo, no time to play.  Today, I finally got to break out the new rubber and punches.  So, so, so much fun! Love the new embossing folder, but I knew I would!  I've seen tons of cards using it.  I roughed mine up a bit.

Thanks for looking...

3 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

I just love that hexagon folder, and it looks great wit a layered banner on top! Great way to combine those little punch-outs for a layout! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Lisa said...

Terrific job on using the colors! Love the embossing and the ribbon is a perfect touch!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Lili said...

Such a nice card! Love the banner against that embossed background. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week!