Sunday, February 27, 2011

Circles and Butterflies and Neutrals, Oh My....

I love, love, love how this turned out. Again, I am happy that my mojo returned. I was reaching up into my friend's cabinet for a glass. She had this cool tall clear glass that was covered in white, gray, and black circles. I immediately knew I was inspired. This is one of the ideas I had. I used a thick piece of vellum for the base of the card. Then I used three 1 3/8" circles in Whisper White, Basic Gray, and Basic Black. Then I stamped 3 butterflies using the butterfly from the Bliss SAB set. It's very simple. I was thinking about putting a modern label punch with some message (thank you, thinking of you, something like that), but I like it as it is. I did put a layer of shimmery white inside to be able to write a message on. Yeah, you will be able to see the writing through the vellum once you use the card, but the card is gorgeous!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

You are absolutely right..this card is spot on! Awesome!!!