Saturday, October 30, 2010

More Monsters for Halloween

Well... these will have to count as my Halloween decorations for this year. I've been pretty busy with family and church stuff to drag out all my Halloween stuff to decorate. But last night my hubbie got a vampire movie and this idea was born.

I used the basic idea from this earlier post. Then I just made my "monsters" more Halloween themed. I am not super happy with the way my jack o'lantern turned out, but it is kinda cute. I just drew out eyes, nose and mouth on black and cut those out for him. I used Pumpkin Pie and a scrap of Garden Green for the stem. I made a slit thought the top of the treat box and slid the stem through (leaving a wider base to hold in place and secured it to the back side of the flap).





I am much happier with my vampire box. Like I said, Victor got Daybreakers, a vampire movie last night. I was freaking out the whole time I saw it, and I have been pretty jumpy ever since. In classic immersion fashion, I decided to create a vampire to take away the "freak out" about vampires... I'll have to let you know if it worked.

I am not afraid of this guy. He was created with Basic Black. His eyes are Real Red on top of Elegant Eggplant and a black pupil in the middle. I used 2 petals from a flower punch (non-SU) to get the fangs and then punched out another tiny flower and cut the petals apart to get the tiny teeth in between. Victor recommended drops of blood, so I punched a scallop circle and cut out each scallop in V for the blood drops... still so much less scary than the movie...

Thanks for looking...

5 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Adorable boxes! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

Deb said...

These are just super cute! I love the drops of blood from the vampire mouth! Too fun! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary challenge this week!

Carrie Gaskin said...

These are just adorable! I love them - that pumpkin just makes me smile.

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute...love the vampire! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Mary Brown said...

Great treat bags! Thanks for play along with the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!